Salary Floor — $40,000
About Music Columbus
Music Columbus is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to nurture a community where people can prosper in the business of music while contributing to Columbus’ overall cultural and economic growth. We offer educational programs, career initiatives, and performance opportunities to support the artistic and personal growth of youth, music-makers, audiences, and aspiring entrepreneurs in our music community. In our first seven years, we have become one of our community’s most influential cultural institutions.
Music Columbus seeks to hire a new Project Coordinator to grow our team and support ongoing community initiatives. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining community partnerships and volunteer engagement at our public events. They will also work closely with the team to develop and execute organizational marketing efforts as well as our Pathway to Prosperity programs. As a key member of a small team, the individual in this role will participate in a wide range of other organizational events, initiatives, and projects.
- Assist in project management of our key Pathway to Prosperity programs, including the annual Gift of Music instrument drive, The Unheard, Music Mondays, Earn As You Learn, and the Better Together Incubator.
- Collaborate in developing social media marketing campaigns, including the creation of graphics, promotional calendars, as well as campaign development and execution.
- Serve as point of contact for community partners and for Music Columbus’ presence at public events.
- Manage Music Columbus volunteers, including maintaining an up-to-date database of volunteers, engaging new volunteers, and managing volunteers on-site at events.
- Gather and organize key program data for board reports, grant reports, applications, and other.
- Regularly attend concerts and Columbus music events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Passion for music, the local creative scene, and working with artists.
- Positive approach to customer service and relationship building.
- Ability to craft communications, flyers, social media posts, and outreach emails.
- High degree of flexibility in response to shifting responsibilities and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision, including strong independent problem-solving skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
Other helpful attributes
- Knowledge of local music scene
- Relationships within local music scene
- Musician or craftsperson
- Photography/Videography and editing knowledge a plus
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please submit materials as soon as possible for best consideration. The position will remain open until filled. We will only contact those candidates being considered for the position. No phone calls, please.
Music Columbus is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment is offered without regard to race, color, sex, age, height, weight, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran. The policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. It is the policy of Music Columbus to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Music Columbus does not discriminate against any qualified Employees or job applicants with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability. Music Columbus makes reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all Employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not require significant difficulty or expense.